Plainville CT Yard Report for Sunday Evening October 10, 2021

William Sample

Under the gathering darkness I stopped by the Plainville Yard on the way back form Maine - the yard was fairly full.   From the east to west sides:  Highland - Canal Line connecting tracks had a string of at least 9 debris cars - as far as I could see through the trees.  The freight house spurs - east track has a box car (maybe plywood for Forestville Lumber? (Railbox I think) plus 2 debris cars. Middle track had 9 debris cars, and the west track had MEC 5930s.  The track by the bridge crane had at least 8 tank cars, and on the west two tracks had about 4 more tank cars.  The Canal Line pad had engine 5946n.  On the way home fro the yard i saw 8 tank cars a Amerigas in Southington and 2 empty centerbeam cars at Forestville Lumber across Town Line Rd in Plainville.

Bill Sample.