Topics

New file uploaded to main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io

main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Bill Gingrich <Pennsy6500@...>

Pan Am Railways locomotive summary for end of November 2019

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Brian Woodcock

what is 5953 OOS for?

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 08:50:14 AM EST, main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io Notification <main+notification@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Bill Gingrich <Pennsy6500@...>

Pan Am Railways locomotive summary for end of November 2019

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Bill Gingrich

Unofficially, I have heard 5953 has a bad crankshaft.

Bill Gingrich

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:04 AM Brian Woodcock via Groups.Io <woodcockb=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
what is 5953 OOS for?

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 08:50:14 AM EST, main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io Notification <main+notification@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Bill Gingrich <Pennsy6500@...>

Pan Am Railways locomotive summary for end of November 2019

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Brian Woodcock

ah ok what about GMTX 5000 & 50001 with the "Pan Am Owned?"

--
main+owner@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io

Bill Gingrich

Brian, it's nice to know some people actually do read through these roster summaries. LOL!

I heard speculation a few months ago that 5000-5001 were now owned by Pan Am since they have been on the property longer than 5 years. However, so far as I know, there is no evidence to support truth in that speculation. 5000 is still definitely lettered "GMTX". So for now, I am leaving a question mark after the note about Pan Am ownership.

Bill Gingrich

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:17 AM Brian Woodcock via Groups.Io <woodcockb=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

ok i wonder why they haven;t sent 5001 back since it keeps going OOS and replace it with a heavier slug or another MP15AC

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 09:25:16 AM EST, Bill Gingrich <pennsy6500@...> wrote:

[...]

5001 certainly has been a problem child!

Bill Gingrich

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:27 AM Brian Woodcock via Groups.Io <woodcockb=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

yes it has unless 5000 is the only unit it can operate with

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 09:32:00 AM EST, Bill Gingrich <pennsy6500@...> wrote:

[...]

David Grimm

Maybe the warranty ran out. ;)

[...]

jdb 3300

Bill- Thank you for uploading the updated December roster !!!

Did they cancel the BM340 rebuild and buy two more B-40's instead ?

Happy New Year !!!
Jim

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 12:08:02 PM EST, David Grimm <engrdave325@...> wrote:

Maybe the warranty ran out. ;)

[...]

Jay Gadon

Always appreciated, and a must read for anyone wanting to learn what is currently pulling the freight in Pan Am Land.. Happy New Year ! Viva the 380 !

Bill Gingrich

It's hard to know whether the two new B40's are related to 340 returning home unfinished. Will 340 be returned to service at Waterville or rust away in the deadlines? Only time will tell.