Friday, 01/14/22 Railfanning
To All !
Will be at B'vale on Friday from @Noon to DARK ! Hope to see the regulars and some MORE 'newbies' too ! 😉
I-93 to Dascomb Rd exit, head east about 3/4 mile, after traffic light, take right onto Clark Rd. Depot is 1/4 mile straight ahead, next to crossing gates.
Ballardvale (Haverhill/Western route) MA Depot is an excellent local spot for railfanning, because:
1) Served by three railroads. (4 if you count the NE Northcoast DOBO-BODO Gravel trains)
2) Excellent sightlines from left to right especially for posting, photos and video.
3) Ample usually FREE parking.
4) One restaurant *, 1 variety store, all trackside with windows and restrooms.
5) RxR gates alert of trains approaching from the south, talking detector alerts of trains from the north.
Look for a very dark green foreign sedan, MA tag 3364. George Kenson and friends usually appear, and ALL are invited to stop by and say hello !
Very best, Paul Stephen 🙂
* The Ballardvale Cafe has closed ! 😢