MBTA train moving east on the Stony Brook

Brian McCaffrey

An MBTA train is moving eastbound on the Stony Brook in Westford at about 1221. Just passing Town Farm Rd now.

Brian

paul_stephen@comcast.net

Hi Brian I assume this is a non revenue equipment move or is Fitchburg line out of service ?    Paul

On 03/24/2022 12:21 PM Brian McCaffrey <brian@...> wrote:

An MBTA train is moving eastbound on the Stony Brook in Westford at about 1221. Just passing Town Farm Rd now.

Brian

Brian McCaffrey

I don’t know. Only the second time I’ve seen an MBTA train moving through Westford in 10 years of train watching here. The locomotive was an F40PH and facing East.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022, at 18:56, paul_stephen@... wrote:
Hi Brian I assume this is a non revenue equipment move or is Fitchburg line out of service ?    Paul
On 03/24/2022 12:21 PM Brian McCaffrey <brian@...> wrote:

An MBTA train is moving eastbound on the Stony Brook in Westford at about 1221. Just passing Town Farm Rd now.

Brian

Chris

They usually run a couple of these extras per year on the Stony Brook for crew qualifying purposes.

~ Chris C. ~

On Mar 24, 2022, at 8:18 PM, Brian McCaffrey <brian@...> wrote:

I don’t know. Only the second time I’ve seen an MBTA train moving through Westford in 10 years of train watching here. The locomotive was an F40PH and facing East.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022, at 18:56, paul_stephen@... wrote:
Hi Brian I assume this is a non revenue equipment move or is Fitchburg line out of service ?    Paul
On 03/24/2022 12:21 PM Brian McCaffrey <brian@...> wrote:

An MBTA train is moving eastbound on the Stony Brook in Westford at about 1221. Just passing Town Farm Rd now.

Brian

nells98vic

Wow that would have been neat to see!

paul_stephen@comcast.net

Sometime during the past 10 years I was on a charter that ran from North Station to Andersen, Lowell then ran the Stony Brook to Ayer eventually ending in Mechanicville ! Can't recall why or who sponsored this rare trackage passenger OCS consist, does anyone else recall or rode wish to comment ?

On 03/27/2022 1:19 PM nells98vic via groups.io <nells98vic@...> wrote:

Wow that would have been neat to see!

David Grimm

Could that have been a trip that was part of the AARPCO group? Because other than that, I would recall any charters on Guilford/Pan Am (other than Exeter to Portland and return for a private party) since I first went to N. Billerica in 1987.

Dave

normvigeant

  Dave, maybe the High Iron excursion?  When was that, 2012-2013?

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 06:15 PM, normvigeant wrote:
  Dave, maybe the High Iron excursion?  When was that, 2012-2013?
Is that what that was? Didn't it have private cars on it? All I know is I didn't work it.

Dave

Brian McCaffrey

I saw both the AAPRCO special and MBTA train on 9/14/14. The AAPRCO special passed the Buddhist temple at 12:46, and the MBTA train passed at 12:59, according to my photo timestamps... Pictures attached.