Date   

Re: CSX geo train

Bill
 

They broke it.........
--
EDFLD-Bill


June 21st POED 7552w 7489e 5966w 5958w & 383w

Hayden Logan
 

In the Haverhill area at 2024 (824pm) 

5958 should be for Lawrence
383 should be for Nashua 


CSX geo train

Matt Baj
 

Overnighting behind the tower at EDfld. I do not know when it’s leaving


Rigby Pool 06/21/2022

John Erickson
 

Date Sighted: 06/21/2022
Train Symbol: Rigby Engine Pool
Engines: 
Engine 1: 7528
Engine 2: 7585
Engine 3: 326
Engine 4: 383
Engine 5: 305
Engine 6: 517
Engine 7: 330
Sightings: 
Sighted At: PT Tower, Rigby Yard, South Portland, ME CPF 199
Time Sighted: 13:21
----------------------------------------


--
John E 252


Salem, MA

paul_stephen@comcast.net
 

BO-1 MEC # 502 w 3 bnrs,
6 tnkrs 4 gel plnt in Pbody

Sent from Paul’s celtel. Plz xcuse abrviasuns & typos!


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

StephenT
 

Thanks.


On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 8:45 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
The general betting seems to have been Waycross.  Hard to know if that is just guessing or not.  Another group has a post that says that there was a separate transaction for the F-units and OCS.  Time will tell what may happen, as usual.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of CJ Read via groups.io <cp150_railfan=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 7:16:34 PM
To: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
Yes, Waycross is a CSX Yard in Georgia and I believe they have a couple others, but Waycross is the major yard for that area.
CJ Read
CP150_Railfan
Reporting from Trackside

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 19:14, Reno via groups.io <wltrsf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Please explain where or what is Waycross? I see via Google search a CSX yard there in Georgia but is that what you mean?


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Chris Tirone
 

Going to razor blades 


On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 20:45, Dave Saums
<dsaums@...> wrote:
The general betting seems to have been Waycross.  Hard to know if that is just guessing or not.  Another group has a post that says that there was a separate transaction for the F-units and OCS.  Time will tell what may happen, as usual.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of CJ Read via groups.io <cp150_railfan@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 7:16:34 PM
To: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
Yes, Waycross is a CSX Yard in Georgia and I believe they have a couple others, but Waycross is the major yard for that area.
CJ Read
CP150_Railfan
Reporting from Trackside

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 19:14, Reno via groups.io <wltrsf@...> wrote:

Please explain where or what is Waycross? I see via Google search a CSX yard there in Georgia but is that what you mean?


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Dave Saums
 

The general betting seems to have been Waycross.  Hard to know if that is just guessing or not.  Another group has a post that says that there was a separate transaction for the F-units and OCS.  Time will tell what may happen, as usual.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of CJ Read via groups.io <cp150_railfan@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 7:16:34 PM
To: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
Yes, Waycross is a CSX Yard in Georgia and I believe they have a couple others, but Waycross is the major yard for that area.
CJ Read
CP150_Railfan
Reporting from Trackside

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 19:14, Reno via groups.io <wltrsf@...> wrote:

Please explain where or what is Waycross? I see via Google search a CSX yard there in Georgia but is that what you mean?


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

CJ Read
 

Yes, Waycross is a CSX Yard in Georgia and I believe they have a couple others, but Waycross is the major yard for that area.
CJ Read
CP150_Railfan
Reporting from Trackside

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 19:14, Reno via groups.io <wltrsf@...> wrote:

Please explain where or what is Waycross? I see via Google search a CSX yard there in Georgia but is that what you mean?


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Reno
 

Please explain where or what is Waycross? I see via Google search a CSX yard there in Georgia but is that what you mean?


Re: Tidbits

David Grimm
 

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 05:28 PM, Brian Woodcock wrote:
but NS owns half the line to Ayer
They have half-ownership of the LINE, yes, but the difference is that 16R is an NS train Enola to E. DEERFIELD with (formerly) Springfield Terminal forwarding the freight to Ayer, while 22K is an NS train Chicago to AYER. ST and its predecessors had a habit of 'borrowing' other railroads equipment whenever they could. New management means that many of the old ways will be gone, for better (probably) or worse.

Dave


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Dan Howard
 

It is my understanding the FP9s were not part of the sale to CSX.


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

normvigeant
 

  Pretty sure they are heading to Waycross.  


On Jun 19, 2022, at 5:29 PM, Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:


No one seems to know.  Lots of guessing games, though.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of StephenT <4sgturner@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 5:09:22 PM
To: main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io <main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io>
Cc: guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
May be an annoying question, but sorry, I'll go there...
Any idea where the OCS engines and cars are headed?
Apologies again,
Stephen

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 2:36 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
For those interested,  the last trip for the PAR OCS is today, with the FP9s right behind the CSX power.  The OCS passenger cars are in the train, on the tail.  It is not an OCS run, obviously, but worth seeing if you can.

Dave Saums.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Hayden Logan
 

Rolling thru HA at 1757 on trk 1 


On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 4:09 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
1606 Newfields.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of jonathan603 <jonathanmayhew@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 4:00:00 PM
To: main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io <main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
I hear it in Newmarket from my front yard.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
1545 through Madbury, so on the road again.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Saums <dsaums@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 3:22:44 PM
To: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io>; guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
Amtrak 696 is late and departed Dover at 1511.  In theory, M427should be more vhv ing, for the meet with M426 at CPF256.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Saums <dsaums@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 2:36:09 PM
To: guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
For those interested,  the last trip for the PAR OCS is today, with the FP9s right behind the CSX power.  The OCS passenger cars are in the train, on the tail.  It is not an OCS run, obviously, but worth seeing if you can.

Dave Saums.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Dave Saums
 

No one seems to know.  Lots of guessing games, though.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of StephenT <4sgturner@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 5:09:22 PM
To: main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io <main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io>
Cc: guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
May be an annoying question, but sorry, I'll go there...
Any idea where the OCS engines and cars are headed?
Apologies again,
Stephen

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 2:36 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
For those interested,  the last trip for the PAR OCS is today, with the FP9s right behind the CSX power.  The OCS passenger cars are in the train, on the tail.  It is not an OCS run, obviously, but worth seeing if you can.

Dave Saums.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


Re: Tidbits

Brian Woodcock
 

but NS owns half the line to Ayer

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 05:23:08 PM EDT, Matt Baj <bplayermbj@...> wrote:


More than likely CSX would rather not have it on their property any longer than necessary and since 16 and 11 work at Dfld it’s a good place to cut it off.   22&23 don’t stop so it’s not as convenient.    Just conjecture but it makes sense.   Always subject to change as things get shuffled around 


On Jun 19, 2022, at 4:01 PM, Brian Woodcock via groups.io <woodcockb@...> wrote:


wonder why ns decided not to send power to ayer, wonder if they are gonna start doing that to 22K/23K in the future

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:58:26 PM EDT, Matt Baj <bplayermbj@...> wrote:


Apparently the NS power on 11 & 16R no longer goes through to Ayer.  For the last 5 days it has been swapped out at EDfld.  Also power is to be shut down when not in use to conserve on fuel. (Expensive !! ).  No idea what the time criteria is for determining how long power can idle before it must be shut down.  Service area at EDfld was strangely quiet.  Lol






Re: Tidbits

Matt Baj
 

More than likely CSX would rather not have it on their property any longer than necessary and since 16 and 11 work at Dfld it’s a good place to cut it off.   22&23 don’t stop so it’s not as convenient.    Just conjecture but it makes sense.   Always subject to change as things get shuffled around 


On Jun 19, 2022, at 4:01 PM, Brian Woodcock via groups.io <woodcockb@...> wrote:


wonder why ns decided not to send power to ayer, wonder if they are gonna start doing that to 22K/23K in the future

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:58:26 PM EDT, Matt Baj <bplayermbj@...> wrote:


Apparently the NS power on 11 & 16R no longer goes through to Ayer.  For the last 5 days it has been swapped out at EDfld.  Also power is to be shut down when not in use to conserve on fuel. (Expensive !! ).  No idea what the time criteria is for determining how long power can idle before it must be shut down.  Service area at EDfld was strangely quiet.  Lol






Re: M427 and PAR OCS

StephenT
 

May be an annoying question, but sorry, I'll go there...
Any idea where the OCS engines and cars are headed?
Apologies again,
Stephen

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 2:36 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
For those interested,  the last trip for the PAR OCS is today, with the FP9s right behind the CSX power.  The OCS passenger cars are in the train, on the tail.  It is not an OCS run, obviously, but worth seeing if you can.

Dave Saums.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


POED 7605 at CPF WL 17:02

Reno
 

Comms with D3 having trouble with PTC


Re: M427 and PAR OCS

Dave Saums
 

1606 Newfields.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android


From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of jonathan603 <jonathanmayhew@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 4:00:00 PM
To: main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io <main@guilfordrailsightings.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
I hear it in Newmarket from my front yard.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Dave Saums <dsaums@...> wrote:
1545 through Madbury, so on the road again.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Saums <dsaums@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 3:22:44 PM
To: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io>; guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
Amtrak 696 is late and departed Dover at 1511.  In theory, M427should be more vhv ing, for the meet with M426 at CPF256.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io <main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Saums <dsaums@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 2:36:09 PM
To: guilfordrailsightings@groups.io <guilfordrailsightings@groups.io>
Subject: [GuilfordRailSightings] M427 and PAR OCS
 
For those interested,  the last trip for the PAR OCS is today, with the FP9s right behind the CSX power.  The OCS passenger cars are in the train, on the tail.  It is not an OCS run, obviously, but worth seeing if you can.

Dave Saums.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

181 - 200 of 157469