Re: Salem, MA

Chris Tirone

Paul,
    I think there was an actual coke works there .  I could be wrong though .
         Chris

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 19:21, paul_stephen@...
<paul_stephen@...> wrote:
Thnx !

Sent from Paul’s celtel. Plz xcuse abrviasuns & typos!

On Aug 1, 2022, at 4:18 PM, David Grimm <engrdave325@...> wrote:

That industrial area in Everett\/Chelsea that includes the produce terminal and Schnitzer metal recycling (formerly Proleryzer). Historically where the coking ovens were to produce coal gas for Boston in the pre-natural gas days.

Dave
On 08/01/2022 2:29 PM paul_stephen@... <paul_stephen@...> wrote:

Per radio, BO-1 requesting to return to Eastern Route, with 14 empties for the 'coke works' (presumably a place in BO/SOM) does anyone know what this term means ?
On 08/01/2022 10:55 AM paul_stephen@... <paul_stephen@...> wrote:

Per radio, BO-1 is here with cars for the gelatin plant in Peabody.

Join main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.