Guilford Rail Sightings main@GuilfordRailSightings.groups.ioWelcome to GuilfordRailSightings, the ORIGINAL Guilford railfan discussion group! Guilford Transportation Industries entered the railroad businss in June 1981 with its purchase of the Maine Central Railroad. In 1983 Boston & Maine Corporation was added to the fold. Delaware & Hudson Railway was added in 1984 only to be cast off in bankruptcy four years later, leaving Guilford with just Maine Central and Boston & Maine. Guilford purchased bankrupt Pan Am Airways in 2004, and in 2006 Guilford Rail System was rebranded as Pan Am Railways. Yes, Pan Am Railways is actually a corporate descendant of Pan American World Airways. In 2009 the western third of Pan Am Railways became Pan Am Southern, a joint venture between Pan Am and Norfolk Southern. All of Pan Am Railways, including Pan Am Southern, is operated by Pan Am subsidiary Springfield Terminal Railway. More information is available on the Pan Am Railways website:
Members are welcome to post Sightings, News, History, and Questions relevant to Pan Am Railways or its predecessor companies. Any disrespect of other group members will NOT be tolerated.
Founder - Gary Young
Co-Owners - David Grimm
Moderators - Don LeJeune, Matt Baj
- 893 Members
- 86,515 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.